Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I'm rich , I'm rich!!! The letter from Africa...

Yes!!
I love reading this blogger called Jake Klocksien (jakeklocksien.blogspot.com)and he apparently received a few letters claiming to have discovered a secret cache of money in some obscure town of Africa which the writer wanted to transfer to another country. AND he needed Jake's help in getting this job done. Jake replied to these letters and they were just hilarious!!

And now even I got a letter like that YAY!! and I can write a reply too. Maybe not as funny as Jake's but here goes...

First, the letter I got:

Good Day,

This message might meet you in utmost surprise however, it’s just my urgent need for a foreign partner that made me contact you for this transaction.I am a banker by profession from DAKAR REPUBLIC OF SENEGAL in West Africa and currently holding the post of auditing general I discover this deposit in our auditing course.

I have the opportunity of transferring the left over funds $22.7 million United State Dollars the deceased client who died in the shatter plane which crashed on mount Kenya in the Kenyan city of sumburu on 21st july,2003 to any foreign account .

You can confirm the genuiness of the deceased death by clicking on this website http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/africa/07/20/kenya.crash/index.html Hence,I am inviting you for a business deal where this money can be shared between us in the ratio 45% for you and 55% me,if you agree to my business proposal, kindly get back to me.
Regards.
MR Yusuf Kamara



AND NOW MY RESPONSE:


Good day Mr. Kamara,

It is indeed extremely lucky for me that you have chosen me to transfer the extra money that you discovered while auditing. I am running a bit low on cash as the petrol prices in India have been growing quite sharply. I'm sure the additional $12.485 million would come in very handy to maintain my car.

I cannot thank you enough for the opportunity that you've provided me, the only thing that makes it just a fraction less than perfect is that I saw this email only after i'd returned from my office or else I would've immediately quit my job and bought a nice new BMW. Now with you providing me with enough capital, i don't think I need to work at all for the rest of my life. Thank you so much!!

There is only one caveat that I have which prevents me from immediately accepting your extremely generous offer and robbing a man who died in a plane crash, possibly pulling the last piece of bread from the mouths of his children - and that is that 55% for you seems to me a bit too much. I think I would be taking a lot of risk and deserve to get atleast 70% of the entire booty.

Do let me know if you agree to my business proposal. I look forward to working with you and looting more and more dead people as our greed grows further and further.

Regards,

Swapnil Bhatnagar


HEHE :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Did he reply? Keep us posted!

Also noted with great interest that even ppl in South America are reading ur blogs. Maybe some of those sexy chicks from Rio?

Swapnil said...

He hasn't replied yet..my dreams are slowly spiralling down.

Hmm the Rio chicks? thats a good thought- I need to tap into this market. The next few posts shall be extremely pro-south america :)..hell! given the right chick ALL the posts will be pro-S.America...:)

Shambu Nashipudi said...

though there are diverse readers spreading from South America to India, the reason remains the same, the title of the blog 'Swapping lives'.