Thursday, January 22, 2009

Kodai-ka-Call...

I'm so sorry. I know its an absolutely atrocious pun. But as soon as I thought of it I knew that it was so bad that it had to be used in this post!

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I am going on my long thought of solitary no schedule trip. I leave tonight for Kodaikanal ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodaikanal )with a borrowed bag, 3 library books, one borrowed book, my sketch book and, yeah, my sunglasses (well atleast one thing is mine).

I've always had this desire to just go to some place without anyone I know but the fear of potential boredom has prevented me from taking the plunge. But now, before I find myself mired with daily work routine, I am going off to do it.As with all kids I have grown up making childish landscapes of a lake surrounded by mountains and this, I hear, is what I shall find in Kodaikanal.

There seem to be a number of places to go and things to do but ideally I would like to just cycle around the lake leisurely listening to my spice girls CD (kidding!) and then laze around the lake either reading or sketching.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Ritwik Bisaria said...

All the best boy!!

I like to concept of typical bag packing trip with absolutely no objective :-)

do let me know once u r done!!

Ritwik Bisaria said...

is the SOLEmate back?

so a soleMATE is out to find a SOULmate for himself?

Shambu Nashipudi said...

it's time to return the borrowed bag :-)